Functional Test Engineer
Lanham, MD Posted: 7/6/2020
Tidal is currently looking for a Functional Tester to support our IRS project and the assist in the testing of the MeF platform.
MeF is a platform for electronically filing returns with the IRS. It provides SOA based web services that filers use to submit returns, and provides web applications for IRS users to work with the returns. MeF validates filed returns, determines their disposition, and interfaces with other IRS systems for downstream processing of the returns. IBM developed and enhanced MeF since 2001.
MUST BE GC HOLDER OR US CITIZEN with ability to pass Minimum Background Investigation.
The resource will support the full development Enterprise Life Cycle for each annual system release. The candidate will work closely with the IRS MeF project team, IRS Enterprise Operations team, IRS Project Office and across IBM MeF functional teams including development, test, and infrastructure to ensure successful delivery and deployment of the MeF release package. The test engineer must have experience with testing web services, developing and executing test scripts, and experience with functional testing.
- Define the test strategy for customer requirements to include designing, writing, and executing test cases and procedures that define specific test criteria and the expected results to be achieved (45%)
- Identify, analyze and document all programming errors and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specification goals for the given program, application or set of applications (20%)
- Verify and validate resolutions to problems (15%)
- Attend requirements analysis working sessions along with design reviews and working sessions, when applicable, to gain a thorough understanding of the intent of the requirements and software system design. This knowledge will be essential for producing and reviewing test plans, test cases and procedures (10%)
- Provide focus to specific product areas and assume responsibility for assuring all documentation is in sync with product. Determine validity of final system with respect to user needs and requirements (10%)
Required skills/Level of Experience :
- System and Application Test -- 5 yrs
- Oracle develop and execute SQL scripts -- 5 yrs
- XML Schema -- 5 yrs
- Rational (RQM, RTC, RFT, DNG, ClearCase, ClearQuest) or similar tools -- 5 yrs
- Middleware testing toolset or similar -- 4 yrs
- Web Services (SOA) testing -- 4 yrs
- Unix/Linux -- 4 yrs
- Define, develop, execute reusable test assets, and document test results/defects -- 5 yrs
- Run manual testing and support automated testing -- 4 yrs
- Experience working in an agile methodology and planning using RTC, JIRA, or similar -- 4 yrs
- Ability to relate professionally with customers and delivery team -- 5 yrs
- Execute testing on both web frontend systems and backend systems (portal, forms, interfaces, reports, business rules)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn new applications, processes, and tools quickly
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize while adapting to changing priorities
- Perform root-cause analysis and preliminary defect diagnosis
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
Minimum Security Clearance:
For Additional Information, please contact:
Already have an account? Log in here