Rensselaer, NY Posted: 9/26/2016
- Anticipate and resolves database integration issues for complex, high volume transaction processing systems
- Provide thought leadership for database management systems (DBMS) use, design and implementation.
- Lead SQL and Database performance tuning efforts with the development teams
- Build database schema, tables, procedures and permissions
- Oversee backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Install and test upgrades and patches
- Coordinates and manages activities of multiple database management systems (DBMS) resources on a large project or account.
- Provides work guidance and mentoring to less experienced personnel. Provides database related technical expertise to application development and global infrastructure efforts.
- Provides input to development of vision, specifies key performance requirements and defines technical critical success factors.
- Proficient with Erwin tool for data modeling and configuration management
- Assists project managers in the development of project plans including detailed project estimates and tasks required for database activities. Utilizes standard corporate tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes.
- Integrates databases and commercial of the shelf software; resolves conflicts between databases and of the shelf software, operating systems, and open source applications.
Minimum Security Clearance:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences or related field preferred
- Nine (9) or more years of experience in database administration (5 years DB2)
- Three (3) years’ experience in the installation and operation of a database in an insurance System or large-scale integrated healthcare claims processing system
- Two (2) years’ experience implementing network security and encryption
- Expert in SQL coding and performance tuning
- Experience in implementing replication, backup and recovery strategies, performance tuning and installing DB2
- Experience with JDBC, WebSphere, and Apache environments
- Experience working with differences between database structures (e.g., transaction based vs. data warehouse)
- Strong project planning and estimating skills related to area of expertise
- Strong communication skills
- Strong leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel
- Experience working in Healthcare and/or Insurance industry a plus
For additional information please contact:
Already have an account? Log in here