Performs web application development using ASP.Net, data analysis, complex programming in PL/SQL, SQL, and other tools, encompassing all phases of the Systems Development Life Cycle for new and existing applications.
1. Designs, builds, tests and maintains complex .Net web based applications.
2. Performs detailed analysis and refining of system requirements.
3. Designs and maintains user interfaces, data transformations between systems, output media, and database and applications architecture.
4. Programmatically designs, creates, stores and maintains SQL or PL/SQL code to update and query SQL Server or Oracle databases.
5. Meets with Systems Analyst and clients to determine program requirements for complex business needs.
6. Translates system requirements into application software.
7. Writes, tests, debugs, documents and maintains complex program code in source repository.
8. Investigates the causes of system operation malfunction and implements solution.
9. Keeps current on the latest trends in technology, including software, web development, and programming.
10. Assists the team lead and manager in the mentoring of junior staff members.
11. May serve as the team lead in the absence of the team lead.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science/information systems management or other related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have experience developing interfaces between COTS applications.
- Must have business acumen to understand data problems in context.
- Must be able to verify and reconcile data for accuracy, consistency and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Must be able to work independently and within a team and handle sensitive data professionally.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects concurrently and work within deadlines.
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting and solving issues.
- Ability to learn new concepts and tools and apply them to solutions.
- Experience with web-based systems using Asp.Net and considerable experience developing web-based systems.
- Experience implementing and supporting human resources and or payroll software preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, electronic and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business technology applications (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite -Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and/or Power Point preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- Ability to learn systems, methods and programs quickly.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and quality control.